Posted on April 26, 2013
Every nursery needs a change table, give yours a bit of personality with this simple style-up.
* Your change table with knobs or handles
* A screwdriver to match the types of screws used on the original knobs/handles and the new knobs/handles (usually a standard size phillips head screwdriver)
* Shiny new knobs or handles!
1. Choose your change table. We chose a simple white change table from Baby Kingdom in Alexandria (the Grotime Kimberley for those who are interested!). I like that it allowed us to remove the change table part once we have finished with it to become an ordinary chest of drawers. For the mums & dads – it also has some safety features to prevent it toppling over onto curious little ones, but that’s a whole other post!
2. Chose your new knobs or handles. We purchased shiny crystal knobs from That Vintage Shop in Marrickville. The knobs are priced around $7-11 each.
3. Unscrew original knobs from the inside of the draw.
4. Screw in the new knobs again from the inside.
5. Admire your customised changed table!
xx catherine and grace
* White change table – Grotime Kimberley, from Baby Kingdom in Alexandria
* Crystal knobs – That Vintage Shop
* All other nursery items – see Nursery styling part #2