How to make a quick and easy clip tidy for your little one – no sewing required!
* staple gun
* a small art stretched canvas
* fabric, enough to cover the canvas with a good margin to wrap the fabric around to the back of canvas
1. Place the canvas in the middle of the “wrong side” of the fabric. This leaves the “right” side of the fabric on the outside of the canvas.
2. Warp the fabric around the canvas and staple to secure. Be sure to wrap the fabric tightly. I find it easier to wrap the top and bottom of the fabric around the canvas first and secure with a couple of staples. Then, on the left and right side, fold the fabric at each corner, as if wrapping a gift, wrap up and secure with more staples.
3. Trim the spare fabric. Once you have secured all four sides of fabric with staples, trim the surplus fabric from the middle.
4. Flip the canvas to confirm the fabric is pulled tight over the canvas.
5. Attach ribbon. Turn the canvas over and attach a ribbon to the back of the canvas. Tip: if the width of the staple is wider than the width of the ribbon, attach the staple perpendicular to the ribbon (as shown below). This will ensure that the ribbon does not slip through the staple. Flip the canvas and pull the ribbon down the front so it is taught then attach the ribbon around the back, at the base of the canvas, again with a perpendicular staple, to secure. Trim the end of the ribbon.
* Attach another ribbon or two.
* Attach the clips and admire your creation!