We are lucky enough to have built in cupboards across one entire side of the nursery. When we purchased the house they were a horrible fading pine colour, however the actual doors and shelves themselves were in fantastic nick. We decided to have the entire built in wardrobe painted in a gloss effect in Wattyl’s White Delight (the same colour as the skirting, architraves, doors and windows frames). We kept all large furniture items (other than a comfortable chair for nursing) in white – perhaps to be used in a boys room one day(?!?) and allowed us to style the remainder of the room in bright colours for our little girl. Once the cot, change table, nursing chair & side table were in place I was able to visualise the room and get going on the fun part!
xx catherine and grace
* Grey fabric storage cubes – Papaya
* White & black photo frames – RIBBA frames from Ikea
* Cot – Stoke Mini available from Baby Village (by far, in my opinion, the most outstanding children’s furniture and equipment store in Sydney – extremely knowledgable staff, a wide range of products in various price points, including the top of the range in any product type, as well as good prices and great sales)
* Change table & change mat – Grotime Kimberly in white purchased from Baby Kingdom
* White gloss floating shelves above fireplace & change table – Bunnings
* Replica Philippe Starck Louis Ghost armchair in clear – available from from Matt Blatt
* White & grey side table – old pine bedside table customised by catherine and grace with Wattyl’s White Delight & Snowdonia interior paint finished with a clear gloss and crystal knobs (see related post).
* Grey nursing armchair – purchased from Oz Design Furniture (see similar designs here)
* For details on all other items see Nursery Styling part #2